The benefits of Menuboards for your food business are…
It helps increase your profits by highlighting more profitable items Improves speed of order process by having clear direction on board. ie: all beef burgers in one area. Increases key product awareness by 50% by highlighting high profit making items. ie: Special burger/kebab/specialty items. Improves customer satisfaction in your outlet by having clear, concise menu with images of products.
Absolutes of Menuboards
- Conduct sales analysis: Some items are better sellers than others. Understand where your sales are coming from, this will in turn decide where to position the product and how much emphasis to put on them.
- Allocate space based on sales: More profitable items should have more of a visual impact than low-profit items.
- Leverage The “Hot Spots”: Consumers tend to look at one area of the menu board first. Place most profitable items in the “Hot Spots”
The navigation of menu boards should be clear. E.g. left to right – keeping similar items together. i.e. beef burgers/chicken/fish Help your customers to find what you want to sell them. i.e. more profitable items
Analyse Menu Board Hardware: Does the hardware meet the needs of your outlet? Does it look well? (Be Honest!) Front Lit Vs Back Lit? Digital? Counter menus?
Strive for Menu Design Excellence
- Make It Clear – Keep it simple!
- Be sure that customers can read easily from outside the counter
- Avoid clutter – Less is more!
- Ensure menu board fits in with outlet style and personality
- Include meal deals for ease-of-ordering, but not always essential – depends on outlet style and personality
- Use high-quality food visuals and descriptors – consumers prefer to order by picture
Analyze Results and Continually Improve
- Key! It takes 8 weeks for your full customer base to come through your door
- Fact! Consumers need to try food at least twice if they are to change purchasing habits – so be patient!
- Keeping the above in mind look at the following and see have they improved:
- A) Sales and profits
- B) Amount of customers in store
- C) Customer satisfaction
- How do you currently measure A, B and C, and how often?
Don’t forget, for our Food Alliance members, you can use your Food Alliance points to print out professional-quality Point of Sale posters. There are hundreds of options and you can even customize them. Make sure your business is looking fresh with updated options. You can also check out our Food Alliance rewards for a special discount on menuboards here.
Check it out here